ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.3 new goody

2005-03-22 10:59:17
Subject: Re: TSM 5.3 new goody
From: Iain Barnetson <Iain.Barnetson AT HALLIBURTON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:58:54 -0000
Yeah, you're not alone with the amount of data or size of volumes.
But we don't as yet have an issue with the time it takes to backup,
We've approx 6Tb of data to backup, which we do a full on a Sunday and
Diff's weekdays. A monthly full on a Saturday with a separate TOC.
I'm already having a bit of an issue with our TOC, approx 30 mins to
load for our largest volume of 1Tb.
Our main TOC pool is a disk based 25Gb STG which is 25% full.
So, if you have a separate TOC's for all your Qtree backups that must be
a lot of TOC's. Although I can see what you're saying about the speed of
TOC being better by more smaller backups, at present it wouldn't be
enough for me to go to a Qtree level backup. Unless there's some other
reason?

Regards,

Iain Barnetson
IT Systems Administrator