ADSM-L

Using a QIC tape cartridge on an i5,iSeries,AS/400

2005-03-21 13:12:49
Subject: Using a QIC tape cartridge on an i5,iSeries,AS/400
From: Rob Berendt <rob AT DEKKO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:57:21 -0500
TSM 5.2.2 on OS/400 V5R3, running underneath PASE.

Newbie to this list so any archive links are ok.

I am trying to create a pool using our 1/4" drive just for the DB backup.
Seems like a shame to tie up a high dollar tape for what little data is on
the DB backup.
backup db devclass=tap01 type=full scratch=yes wait=no

I have created this library:
  Manual Libraries : TAP01_QIC
        Library Name TAP01_QIC
        Library Type MANUAL
        Drive Selection OPERATOR
        Media Library Device -
        Category -

And this device class
QIC Device Classes : TAP01
        Device Class Name TAP01
        Device Access Strategy Sequential
        Storage Pool Count 0
        Device Type QIC
        Format DRIVE
        Est/Max Capacity -
        Mount Limit 1
        Mount Wait (min) 60
        Mount Retention (min) 10
        Label Prefix ADSM
        Library TAP01_QIC
        Directory -
        Server Name -
        Retry Period -
        Retry Interval -

But when I try to defice the manual drive I get:
ANR2017I Administrator DOWNTIME issued command:
  DEFINE DRIVE TAP01_QIC tap01 DEVICE=tap01 AUTOLOADER=NO
  (SESSION: 2551)
ANR2032E DEFINE DRIVE: Command failed - internal server error detected.
(SESSION: 2551)

Rob Berendt
--
Group Dekko Services, LLC