ADSM-L

Re: Sql query for file listings.

2005-03-18 23:30:32
Subject: Re: Sql query for file listings.
From: Kelly Martin <kelly.lynn.martin AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 22:30:03 -0600
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 16:05:23 -0700, Ben Bullock <bbullock AT micron DOT com>
wrote:
>         Hmm,
>         Couldn't find anything in the archives that would help me on
> this. SQL scripting is my weakness.
>
>         What I need to do is get a listing of all the files from a node
> that are bound to a certain management class. This is not a problem,
> however I'm not getting it in a format I can use easily.
>
>         The simple SQL query looks something like this:
>
> select NODE_NAME, FILESPACE_NAME, HL_NAME ,LL_NAME from archives where
> class_name like 'DBDUMP_8DAY_MC' and NODE_NAME like 'NODE1'
>
>         The problem is that on path names longer than 18 characters, it
> wraps the output and makes it difficult to use/import/etc.
>
>         I've put "set sqldisplaymode wide" on the front, but then the
> output is in paragraph form, which also makes it difficult to use in an
> Excel spreadsheet (the way the customer would like to use/sort the
> listings).
>
>         What I would like is output with the whole path to the files
> listed, like all together as a path. Like this:
>
> NODE1           /DUMP/p05r_1/RDB_BOSQLPROD05R.ISQL
> NODE1           /DUMP/p05r_1/master.dump
> NODE1           /DUMP/p05r_1/sa.dump
> NODE1           /DUMP/p05r_2/model.dump
>
>         Anyone a SQL genius out there?

Just as a thought: have you considered using the TSM ODBC driver that
is available as a component with the Windows client?  You could then
use Excel's "get external data" function to pull data directly out of
the TSM SQL engine.  I use this frequently for reporting purposes.

Kelly