ADSM-L

Re: Questions for people using Virtual tape libraries

2005-03-17 12:38:27
Subject: Re: Questions for people using Virtual tape libraries
From: Pablo Wolinski <pabloaw AT XELERE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:38:01 -0300
Hello Wanda,

Yes we ran intro some trouble, but nothing the vendor could not fix with a
firmware upgrade and some HW replacement...  Watch out for discrepancies
between compression settings on the VTL and what kind of library you are
emulating.

We still have some SCSI and read/write errors sporadically, they are
investigating the issue.   Anyway we set up 2 copy pools on the CDL because we
still have some spare space.

We where using a EMC CDL 300 VTL.

You have to rely on your vendor's supported configurations, if they say that
it'll gonna work with tsm version 5.x.x.x on AIX version 5.x.MLx you have to
trust them....  The CDL is not certified yet on TSM 5.3 so we are expecting
that to migrate and (hopefully) mitigate the StorageAgent cpu comsumption on
some platforms.

HTH,

Pablito.