ADSM-L

Re: DIRMC - Are copypool reclamation performance issues resolved or not.

2005-03-17 10:49:32
Subject: Re: DIRMC - Are copypool reclamation performance issues resolved or not.
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 10:49:14 -0500
Tim:

We are looking at using all disk now for our onsite disk pool with our
next capital$ buy.
Something I've never been sure of -
Whenf you use a type=file devclass for backups,

1) Do you predefine volumes somehow, or just let TSM create a new one
after the first hits max capacity?
2) Do reclaims happen by themselves, or do you have to force it somehow?

Thanks
Wanda