ADSM-L

Re: SkipNTsecurityCRC doesn't seem to work as I'd expect

2005-03-14 12:04:11
Subject: Re: SkipNTsecurityCRC doesn't seem to work as I'd expect
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 10:03:54 -0700
If you want to omit security changes from the criteria used to determine
whether files have changed, then you need to use

   SKIPNTPERMISSIONS YES

If this is not working for you, then ensure that you've updated the
correct options file; verify that you've restarted the scheduler or client
after you made the change; and check that the option is not being
overridden from a client option set on the server.

For journal-based backup, a good place to start is the JBB FAQ at URL:

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-03-14
05:31:12: