ADSM-L

Re: If we all complain, do you think they will add the WEB gui back?

2005-03-11 14:58:44
Subject: Re: If we all complain, do you think they will add the WEB gui back?
From: Dale Jolliff <Dale.Jolliff AT SUNGARD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:58:27 -0500
I'm speaking as an individual.  Please keep that in mind.

I and others have been complaining about that horrible IBM/Tivoli web site
for years, and I haven't seen IBM budge on something that simple, so why
do any of us expect them to react to making changes in the product?

How 5.3 could be released with the GUI interface on a windows only
platform is beyond me.
The GUI was useful for training newbies and what not and it did make
policy and management class updates a bit easier, but I sure wouldn't use
it for production work.

Just tossing in my rant on the subject.