ADSM-L

Re: Backup time taking too high ... how to solve

2005-03-10 07:02:57
Subject: Re: Backup time taking too high ... how to solve
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 07:02:11 -0500
Raju -

In http://people.bu.edu/rbs/Infoprint.QuickFacts
see topic "Backup performance" for a list of the common issues we have
all faced in optimizing backups. Your database growth suggests a lot of
elevated client file activity, which is a good place for you to focus
attention, as you can observe from backup summaries in your Activity
Log and accounting records. Perhaps some new projects or data loading
is occurring in some clients.

  Richard Sims