ADSM-L

Re: SUSPECT: (MSW) Re: Directory path backed up again and again ...

2005-03-09 11:38:49
Subject: Re: SUSPECT: (MSW) Re: Directory path backed up again and again ...
From: PAC Brion Arnaud <Arnaud.Brion AT PANALPINA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 17:38:30 +0100
Andy,

 I tried to activate the traceflag FIOATTRIBS, however to simulate the
same conditions as usual, I had to issue an incremental backup command
without specifying any object : the output was huge ! I then tried to
understand it, and found out that only the objects having "Mod Time
different: returning ATTRIBS_BACKUP" where eligible for backup,
unfortunately none of those objects was my "/export/mksysb".

However I found something strange, looking like this :

09.03.2005 16:37:06.860 : unxfilio.cpp        (1449): fioCmpAttribs:
Attribute comparison of two files
Attribute              Old                     New
---------              ---                     ---
ctime           1110357049              1110360549
mtime           1110357049              1110360549
atime           1110357026              1110357744
File mode OCT       242755                  242755
uid                      3                       3
gid                      3                       3
size                  1024                    1024
ACL size                 0                       0
ACL checksum             0                       0
inode                    2                       2
09.03.2005 16:37:06.860 : fileio.cpp          (4735): fioCmpAttribs():
old attrib's data from build (IBM TSM 5.2.3.1)
09.03.2005 16:37:06.860 : unxfilio.cpp        (1488): -->Mod Time
different: returning ATTRIBS_BACKUP
09.03.2005 16:37:06.877 : incrdrv.cpp         (9567): Incremental attrib
compare for: /export/mksysb/lost+found
09.03.2005 16:37:06.878 : unxfilio.cpp        (1393): fioCmpAttribs:
Attribute comparison of
 two directories
Attribute               Old                     New
---------               ---                     ---
File mode            82424                   82424
uid                      0                       0
gid                      0                       0
ACL size                 0                       0
ACL checksum             0                       0
09.03.2005 16:37:06.878 : fileio.cpp          (4735): fioCmpAttribs():
old attrib's data from build (IBM TSM 5.2.3.1)
09.03.2005 16:37:06.878 : unxfilio.cpp        (1434): -->Attribs equal:
returning ATTRIBS_EQUAL

It looks like "something" is eligible for backup, which is the first
object in the series concerning the contents of /export/mksysb, but the
trace doesn't name it  ?!

Also, something comes to my mind, which may be important : this
/export/mksysb is not a subdirectory from /export, but the mount point
for a filesystem, could that have any impact ?

Thanks for your answers, and take your time for responding : night is
coming in Switzerland, and I'm living the office till tomorrow ...
Cheers.

Arnaud

******
Panalpina Management Ltd., Basle, Switzerland, CIT Department
Viadukstrasse 42, P.O. Box 4002 Basel/CH
Phone:  +41 (61) 226 11 11, FAX: +41 (61) 226 17 01
Direct: +41 (61) 226 19 78
e-mail: arnaud.brion AT panalpina DOT com
******