ADSM-L

TSM 5.1.5 Client TSM 5.3 restore compatiblity

2005-03-09 09:26:19
Subject: TSM 5.1.5 Client TSM 5.3 restore compatiblity
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 09:26:09 -0500
Hello,

Can a TSM 5.1.5 client be restored to a 5.3 server using
the Backup/Restore/ Java Gui? Or it has to be done
from the command line only?

Also, If I wanted to restore a file to it's original location

for example cd/usx/mvm/qamp

I would type in the following from the command line in
the path that I want the file restored to?

dsmc restore /usx/mvm/qamp/file name

>From what I read, I'm pretty sure this correct
I just want to make 100% sure.

Sorry, but I usually do restores from the Java Gui
learning to do them from the command line now

Thanks for any replies

TSM client 5.1.5
TSM  Server 5.3.0.1