ADSM-L

TDP for SQL error

2005-03-09 05:09:38
Subject: TDP for SQL error
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 11:10:04 +0100
Hi *SM-ers!
One of our SQL guys tries to backup his SQL node to our test server.
Everything works fine when he uses our production server, but when he backs
up to the test server he receives the following error:

ANS1309W (RC9) Requested data is offline

In the tdpsql.log I see the following lines:

03/09/2005 09:28:37 ACO5436E A failure occurred on stripe number (0), rc =
418
03/09/2005 09:28:37 ANS1309W (RC9)    Requested data is offline
03/09/2005 09:28:39 Backup of i3_eic failed.
03/09/2005 09:28:39 ANS1309W (RC9)    Requested data is offline

And in the server log I see the following lines:

ANE4991I (Session: 14838, Node: TS07-SQL)  TDP MSSQL Win32 ACO3006 Data
Protection for SQL: Starting backup for server TS07.  (SESSION: 14838)

ANE4991I (Session: 14838, Node: TS07-SQL)  TDP MSSQL Win32 ACO3000 Data
Protection for SQL: Starting full backup of database i3_eic from server
TS07.  (SESSION: 14838)

ANR1013I During a store operation, the server is switching to a next pool in
the storage hierarchy. The next storage pool will inherit the simultaneous
write configuration from the destination primary storage pool. (SESSION:
14838)

ANE4993E (Session: 14838, Node: TS07-SQL)  TDP MSSQL Win32 ACO3002 Data
Protection for SQL: full backup of database i3_eic from server TS07 failed,
rc = 418.  (SESSION: 14838)

ANE4991I (Session: 14838, Node: TS07-SQL)  TDP MSSQL Win32 ACO3008 Data
Protection for SQL: Backup of server TS07 is complete.   Total SQL backups
selected:               1   Total SQL backups attempted:              1
Total SQL backups completed:              0   Total SQL backups excluded:
0   Total SQL backups inactivated:            0    Throughput rate:
5,864.85 Kb/Sec   Total bytes transferred:                  484,442,112
Elapsed processing time:                  80.67 Secs   (SESSION: 14838)
ANR0403I Session 14838 ended for node TS07-SQL (TDP MSSQL Win32). (SESSION:
14838)

There is plenty of space in the target storage pool, so I cannot explain
this 'switching' nor why it results in a failure...
Thank you very much for your help in advance!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

e-mail, and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM),
its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for
any delay in receipt.