ADSM-L

Fw: disaster recovery drill: emergency!!!

2005-03-07 17:28:02
Subject: Fw: disaster recovery drill: emergency!!!
From: Sung Y Lee <sunglee AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 17:27:46 -0500
When you define the path, don't you need to have the device path?  Since
the library is manual you don't have device to define..?

Now I am not sure if this applies to LTO, but I believe it does.  I took
this example and tried to create devconfig file.

In TSM 5.2 Admin manual page 105 describes how to configure manual DLT
drives
Define the Device to IBM Tivoli Storage Manager\

1. Define a manual library named MANUALDLT:
 define library manualdlt libtype=manual

 2. Define the drives in the library:
define drive manualdlt drive01
define drive manualdlt drive02

3  Define path
 Define a path from the server to each drive:
define path server1 drive01 srctype=server desttype=drive library=manualdlt
device=/dev/mt1
define path server1 drive02 srctype=server desttype=drive library=manualdlt
device=/dev/mt2

4define devclass
define devclass tapedlt_class library=manualdlt devtype=dlt format=drive

so does that mean device configuration file would look like... for LTO
simply replace the devtype to LTO.

/* Device Configuration */
DEFINE DEVCLASS TAPEDLT_CLASS DEVTYPE=DLT FORMAT=DRIVE MOUNTLIMIT=DRIVES
MOUNTWAIT=10 MOUNTRETENTION=10 PREFIX=ADSM LIBRARY=MANUALDLT
SET SERVERNAME SERVER1
DEFINE LIBRARY MANUALDLT LIBTYPE=MANUAL
DEFINE DRIVE MANUALDLT DRIVE01 ONLINE=YES
DEFINE DRIVE MANUALDLT DRIVE02 ONLINE=YES
DEFINE PATH SERVER1 DRIVE01 SRCTYPE=SERVER DESTTYPE=DRIVE LIBRAR=MANUALDLT
DEVICE=/DEV/RMT1
DEFINE PATH SERVER1 DRIVE01 SRCTYPE=SERVER DESTTYPE=DRIVE LIBRAR=MANUALDLT
DEVICE=/DEV/RMT2

Sung Y. Lee
Enterprise Storage Services
Veritas Certified Data Protection Administrator
IBM Global Services, Service Delivery Center - South
Office (770) 663-9269 T/L 564-9269
Pager  ( 800) 759-8888 PIN: 1087116
E-mail  sunglee AT us.ibm DOT com
Web www.ibm.com
----- Forwarded by Sung Y Lee/Austin/IBM on 03/07/2005 05:21 PM -----

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 03/07/2005
05:09:21 PM: