ADSM-L

Re: LTO Volume

2005-03-07 07:54:48
Subject: Re: LTO Volume
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 07:53:33 -0500
On Mar 7, 2005, at 6:25 AM, Iain Barnetson wrote:

Ruichard,
I tried the SQL query below that you gave, but got an error "where
status='filling'" at the '=' bit

And the error was... ?

The Select is tried-and-true, and works well.
Perhaps you tried to string the whole command out on one line,
rather than using continuation characters so that the length of
each physical line was less than the 256 char maximum?

Below is the Select in its original macro form, which includes
continuation chars. (I wish I could send it as an attachment, to
assure format preservation, but the ADSM-L listserver is
configured to reject such attachments.)

   Richard

/* ADSM macro 'filling'
                */
/*
                */
/* To display volumes in Filling state.
                */
/*
                */
/* INVOCATION:  macro filling
                */
/*
                */
/* NOTES:  -
                */
/*
                */
/* HISTORY:
                */
/*
                */
/*     2003/05/06  Written by Richard Sims
                */
/*
                */
SELECT STGPOOL_NAME AS "        STORAGE POOL         ", -
 CHAR(VOLUME_NAME,6) AS "VOLNAME", PCT_UTILIZED as "PCT UTIL", -
 DEC(EST_CAPACITY_MB,6) AS "MB_CAPACITY", CHAR(ACCESS,11) AS "ACCESS", -
 LEFT(CHAR(LAST_WRITE_DATE),19) AS "LAST_WRITE_DATE    " -
 FROM VOLUMES WHERE STATUS='FILLING' ORDER BY STGPOOL_NAME