ADSM-L

Re: LTO Volume

2005-03-05 20:15:27
Subject: Re: LTO Volume
From: Akash Jain <akashj AT IBILTTECHNOLOGIES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 06:45:06 +0530
Thanks for the reply....

But this is now happening with other scratch volumes also; I mean to say the
previous one BT00557 has been now in a state of 'FULL'
Where as other volumes checked in as scratch has occupied.

I suppose now TSM is using simultaneously 2 LTO volumes for backing up the
data.

Output of the necessary commands as follows: -

>>>  q vol
BT0559                    TAPEPOOL     LTOCLASS    200,000.0   15.5  Filling
BT0560                    TAPEPOOL     LTOCLASS    200,000.0    7.7  Filling
BT0556                    TAPEPOOL     LTOCLASS    490,300.6  100.0    Full
BT0557                    TAPEPOOL     LTOCLASS    528,951.4  100.0    Full

>>> q libvol
Library Name   Volume Name   Status       Owner        Last Use    Home
Element
------------   -----------   ----------   ----------   ---------   ---------
---
AUTOLIB        BT0559        Private                   Data        1
AUTOLIB        BT0560        Private                   Data        3
AUTOLIB        BT0557        Private                   Data        2

NOW YOU CAN SEE THAT BT0557 earlier in the state of 'FILLING' has now been
displayed as 'FULL' but other 2 LTO volumes BT0559 and BT0560 is now in the
state of 'FILLING' irrespective that BT0559 is in 15.5 percent 'FILLING'
state.

Please provide the resolution for the same or how to solve the problem?

Regards
Akash