ADSM-L

LTO Volume

2005-03-05 13:55:39
Subject: LTO Volume
From: Akash Jain <akashj AT IBILTTECHNOLOGIES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 22:57:04 +0530
Hi experts,

I have one simple query.

While taking backups on LTO through, it occupies new LTO volume only after
the used and in process volume will display status as ?FULL?.

But in my case I had observed that it had started taking backup on other LTO
volume in spite of the previous one in ?FILLING? status.

BTO557                    TAPEPOOL     LTOCLASS    528,305.3  100.0  Filling
BT0558                    TAPEPOOL     LTOCLASS    200,000.0   15.5  Filling

Kindly provide the logical reasoning if any for the same.

Regards
Akash