ADSM-L

Re: Server 5.2 with 5.1 clients?

2005-03-02 18:12:33
Subject: Re: Server 5.2 with 5.1 clients?
From: Todd Lundstedt <Todd_Lundstedt AT VIA-CHRISTI DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 13:30:40 -0600
The only issue we have seen here is NT4 is no longer supported with 5.2
Storage Agent.  That hit us hard since we weren't informed of it by the
company that performed the 4.2 -> 5.2 upgrade (with an AIX upgrade as
well).  We had to scramble to re-schedule large database servers so all
the databases weren't backing up FULL every day.  Other than that, the
older B/A clients appear to work well for us (so far, we haven't had to
do a restore of an NT4 node from our 5.2 server, yet).