ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.3.0.2 WEB GUI missing ...

2005-03-02 14:18:40
Subject: Re: TSM 5.3.0.2 WEB GUI missing ...
From: Adrie van Tuyl <vantuyl AT XS4ALL DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 20:18:33 +0100
At 17:05 3/2/2005, you wrote:
Now that I have it fully running, I have to agree that this product is
horrible and slow (even on the new dual-processor 3Ghz 2GB RAM system we
bought just for it).

I work with two other engineers who have been working with TSM for
anything from 6-months to 9+ years.  Both (and myself) have spent
countless hours just trying to figure out something as simple as giving
another "user id" full administration authority in ISC. After trying more
than a dozen different things, we gave up (thank goodness for TSMManager
!).

What does TSMManager uses to communicate administrative commands to the TSM
server?
Is it an API? I Looked through the TSM API which comes with the client, but
this one is only for data transport, not for communicating administrative
commands with the TSM server.
Or are there any plans on releasing such an API?