ADSM-L

Re: q assoc vs. select * from associations

2005-03-01 15:03:38
Subject: Re: q assoc vs. select * from associations
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 13:03:14 -0700
I am not really sure what you are asking.

If you are asking if this is a bug: the answer is "no". TSM is operating
correctly.

If you are asking for a philosophical reason: Well, if a schedule has no
associated nodes, then there are no associations for that schedule. But
maybe the original developers of the QUERY ASSOCIATION command thought it
would be useful to show you which schedules had no associations. Thus
QUERY ASSOCIATIONS gives you information about schedules with and without
associations. On the other hand, the ASSOCIATIONS table is a strictly
tabular view of which nodes are associated with which schedules. If there
is no association, then there is no record in the ASSOCIATIONS table.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-03-01
08:46:59: