ADSM-L

Re: SQL statement help

2005-02-28 17:35:42
Subject: Re: SQL statement help
From: "Mark D. Rodriguez" <mark AT MDRCONSULT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:35:20 -0600
JR,

What would be wrong with just doing :

q eve * * begindd=-7 ennd=today exceptionsonly=yes

Unless your question is just an SQL concern I think this will give you
just what you are looking for!

--
Regards,
Mark D. Rodriguez

MDR Consulting
The very best in Technical Training and Consulting.
IBM Advanced Business Partner
SAIR Linux and GNU Authorized Center for Education
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert, CATE
AIX Support and Performance Tuning, RS6000 SP, TSM/ADSM and Linux
Red Hat Certified Engineer, RHCE

JR Trimark wrote:

The following command returns those backups that were missed or failed:

select node_name,contact from nodes -
where node_name in (select node_name from events where -
(scheduled_start between '2005-01-31 15:39:26' and -
'2005-02-27 15:39:25') and -
LENGTH(domain_name) IS NOT NULL and -
(status='Failed' OR status='Missed'))

I have modified the sql select statement for the last week and nothing is
returned.
select node_name,contact from nodes -
where node_name in  -
(select node_name from events where -
(scheduled_start>=current_timestamp - 7 days) and -
LENGTH(domain_name) IS NOT NULL and -
(status='Failed' OR status='Missed'))

OR

select node_name,contact from nodes -
where node_name in -
(select node_name from events where -
(substr(cast(scheduled_start as char(26)),1,19) between '2005-01-31
15:39:26' and -
substr(cast(current_timestamp as char(26)),1,19) and -
LENGTH(domain_name) IS NOT NULL and -
(status='Failed' OR status='Missed')))

Any ideas on why the 2nd/3rd sql statement does not return anything?

thanks
JR