ADSM-L

Re: WinPE Image backup problem

2005-02-25 15:52:08
Subject: Re: WinPE Image backup problem
From: Luc Beaudoin <lbeaudoi AT IS.JGH.MCGILL DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:52:06 -0500
Hi All

I'm testing backup and restore for more than a month using WINPE and
BARTPE ....

If you do incremental backup ... then a server crash .. with the WINPE,
it's working very good to restore a server using the normal restore (it's
a bit slow depending of the number of files to bring back)
but
If you use IMAGE BACKUP + incremental ... When you try to restore a server
with WINPE + RESTORE IMAGE "servername" -INCRE -DEL ...   it doesn't work
well. I have a call opened with IBM and the are testing the code.

Good luck
If you have issues or want some hints, let me know

Luc Beaudoin
Network Administrator/TSM/SAN
Hopital General Juif S.M.B.D.
Tel: (514) 340-8222 ext:8254