ADSM-L

Re: TSM server in Cluster with Gresham.....

2005-02-25 10:31:44
Subject: Re: TSM server in Cluster with Gresham.....
From: TSM_User <tsm_user AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 07:31:39 -0800
This should be possible for sure.  I didn't use EDT on a TSM cluster but I did
on an Win2K3 MSSQL Cluster using LANFree.  We had two Windows 2003 Itanium
servers running the TSM Storage Agent, TDP for MSSQL and EDT.  It was all
installed on both sides.  I did not create cluster resources out of the EDT
service.  It was simply running on each side as if there were two different
nodes.

We looked at creating a cluster resource for the EDT service and decided to
just have a copy of the elm.cnf file on each side.  This way we could run
things like elm_findrive on both sides and be sure everything was working
without having to be failed over to one side or the other.

Also, just like the Storage Agent if you do this on a 64-bit Windows OS you
still use the 32-bit version of the app.  The mounting of tapes does not
require a 64-bit App.

"Nielsen, Bo" <Bo.Nielsen AT COOP DOT DK> wrote:
Good afternoon,

Isn't prossible to run Gresham Distributape 6.4.6 in a TSM MSCluster?

The scenario is: A Active/Passive TSM Windows Clusternode with SAN attach DB -
LOG
and DiskStoragePool. The TSM Server definition - Server.opt and server.dsk - is
on one of the SAN Disks.
The TSM server is installed on the Local Drive.

Now I want use Gresham to manage the Tape drive, with is STK 9940B drive.
But I can't get Gresham and TSM to work together.

Is it not possible????

Good week.

> Regards
> Bo Nielsen
> * +45 4386 4671
> Coop Norden IT * (Internt postcenter): 6244
Data & Storage Center * mailto:bo.nielsen AT coop DOT dk

Remember, a dead fish can float downstream,
But it takes a live one to svim upstream. - W.C. Fields.