ADSM-L

WinPE Image backup problem

2005-02-24 20:51:56
Subject: WinPE Image backup problem
From: TSM_User <tsm_user AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:51:51 -0800
I have my test lab all setup to run through the steps in the "Tivoli Storage
Manager Recovery Techniques Using Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows
PE)" guide. I'm using the TSM V5.3 client and my WinPE CD is WinXP SP2.

I issue the command "dsmc.exe backup image c: -imagetype=static -asrmode=yes".
Communication with the TSM works and I enter the ID and password.  Then the
backup fails with error message ANS1287E Volume could not be locked.  I
received no other errors.  I get objects inspected 1 objects backed up 0.

I made sure to run diskpart to verify that there was a C: and that it was the
correct volume I want to backup and it was.

Just to see what would happen I ran "dsmc.exe i c:" and it looks like it is
running that backup OK.

Has anyone else tried the WinPE Image backup and gotten it to work? Has anyone
run into this problem?