ADSM-L

Re: SV: SV: SV: Trace Facility Guide?? version 5.2/5.3

2005-02-24 12:50:51
Subject: Re: SV: SV: SV: Trace Facility Guide?? version 5.2/5.3
From: "Marcel J.E. Mol" <marcel AT MESA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:50:28 +0100
Andy,

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 09:21:39AM -0700, Andrew Raibeck wrote:
> > where can i find an updated list over flag for TRACEFLAGS???
>
> In the Problem Determination Guide I referenced earlier.
>
> Just to set proper expectations: In general, tracing is intended to be
> used only at the direction of IBM support and development for diagnosing
> customer problems. While some degree of tracing can be useful for advanced
> users, it is not really intended as a fully documented end-user feature to
> be used independent of IBM support.

So why does IBM offer a TSM performance course where tracing and all its
options are discussed? I hope IBM does not force us to take the course
over and over again just to keep up to date on traceflags and options.
In other words, It would be nice to have up to date traceflags/options
publicly available and not just when IBM feels like it...

I just the information form the course a few time to investigate some
oracle tdp performance problems. Interaction with IBM on every step in
that case would have taken much to much time. So I was glad the performance
course was there...

Regards,

-Marcel
--