ADSM-L

Re: SV: SV: Trace Facility Guide?? version 5.2/5.3

2005-02-24 10:21:55
Subject: Re: SV: SV: Trace Facility Guide?? version 5.2/5.3
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 08:21:42 -0700
Hi Flemming,

It is not the TRACEFLAGS keyword that is the problem, but the ALLPROC flag
name, which is no longer valid.

I'm not sure why you are tracing, but when I am working with customers on
problems, I always use use TRACEFLAGS SERVICE unless I have a more exact
idea where in the code the problem is occurring.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-02-24
04:01:16:

> hi Andy
>
> Here's the part of the DSMERROR.LOG:
>
> 02/23/2005 13:47:09 ANS1036S Invalid option 'TRACEFLAGS' found in
> options file '573FS1\SYS:TIVOLI/TSM/CLIENT/BA/dsm.opt'
>     at line number : 127
>     Invalid entry : 'TRACEFLAGS      GENERAL ALLPROC -INCR -POLICY'
>
> And the part of the DSM.OPT:
>
> *
> *
> *                        *** TRACE OPTIONS ***
> *
> *
> TRACEMAX   0
> TRACEFILE   <VOL>:<PATH>\trace.txt
> TRACEFLAGS   GENERAL ALLPROC -INCR -POLICY
>
> The client is a NetWare 6.0 SP3 with an TSM Client 5.2.2.3
>
> Best Regards
> Flemming

INSTRUMENT:DETAIL

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/tividd/td/IBMStorageManagerMessages5.3.html