ADSM-L

scheduling questions

2005-02-23 16:32:03
Subject: scheduling questions
From: David Soucy <dsoucy AT DIGITAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:31:44 -0500
Hi all.  Hope you are well.

I was wondering if some of you could share your scheduling strategies.
For most nodes, I just use a standard daily incremental schedule.  The
problem is that we have to keep all of our data for year.  So, for some
servers I am keeping 365 versions of a file.

 I am trying to figure out a way to keep up to 14 days of daily backups,
then maybe I keep a weekly backup for 6 months and I keep a monthly
backup for a year.  I'm pretty sure I need at least 3 schedules to do
this, but do I need to register 3 node names too?

Any insight is appreciated.  This sounds like a scheduling nightmare.