ADSM-L

Re: Generate backupset with more than one node on one volume?

2005-02-23 12:13:00
Subject: Re: Generate backupset with more than one node on one volume?
From: Joe Crnjanski <JCrnjanski AT INFINITYNETWORK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:11:48 -0500
I think we are using something similar.
We have external USB hard drive, and we are generating backupsets daily, but
for one node and all filespaces. We have a service level contract with this
customer (4 hours response time in case of disaster). Backup is over the
internet.
So, instead going to data center (where we have our TSM server), and export
data to laptop (I have tsm server on laptop) and drive to customer site, we
just go there, unplug usb hard drive and still drive to customer site, but we
save about 2 hours.
On site we restore from client, local backupset.

Before we go there I print:
Q backupset  and
Q volh t=backupset

Joe Crnjanski