ADSM-L

Re: Reclamation and collocation...

2005-02-23 10:53:10
Subject: Re: Reclamation and collocation...
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:53:31 -0500
In out case we have a 2nd tape library in a 2nd building. One library
holds primary storage pool, the 2nd holds copypools. The primary storage
pool is colocated for efficient restores, the copypools are not. Neither
have to have tapes checked out.

>>> deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU 02/23/2005 10:44:03 AM >>>
>>We have enough capcity to keep our primary storage pool in a tape
library. The tapes are reclaimed automaticly and returned to the
scratch
pool, never having been marked off site.<<

We keep our **primary** storage pool in our tape library also.  It is
the DR copy pool volumes we send offsite.  In a disaster, they
wouldn't
do us any good if they were destroyed with the data center!

David