ADSM-L

versifying question in TSM land

2005-02-21 20:42:18
Subject: versifying question in TSM land
From: Justin Case <justin.case AT DUKE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 20:42:01 -0500
FYI

We are running TSM server 5.2.2.3 on Aix 5.1 ML_05 64bit. code and 64bit
kernel

                Platform: SUN SOLARIS
  Client OS Level: 5.9
     Client Version: Version 5, Release 2, Level 0.4

      I need verification of the scenario list below.
because  we have a Cyrus mail server that needs to keep it deleted file for
30 days
and only keep the smallest amount of data..

Thanks

Listed below is my sample config and explanation
Please correct me if I am in error.

3.
This management class with (versions data exists = 3) will keep 3 versions
of a file
1 active and 2 inactive version if there is a 4th version of a file it
would be kept
until 30 days then the version of the file keep would roll off, and the
management
class would keep only the 1 active file and the 2 inactive file.

Then the (versions data deleted = 1) this means that any file that has been
deleted
that the system the (retain only version = 30) would keep the deleted file
for 30 days.

New mgmt...
(3).
Policy           Policy              Mgmt               Copy
Versions      Versions      Retain     Retain
Domain       Set Name       Class               Group            Data
Data            Extra         Only
Name                                     Name              Name
Exists         Deleted    Versions    Version
-------
DOMAN        ACTIVE       new_mc       STANDARD          3
1                   30               30

Justin