ADSM-L

Re: Reports in TSM

2005-02-21 09:58:40
Subject: Re: Reports in TSM
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:57:27 -0500
On Feb 21, 2005, at 8:57 AM, Pretorius Louw <louw AT sun.ac DOT za> wrote:

We are in the process of implementing TSM campus-wide and we require
more/better reporting than is currently available to us.  I don't know
sql queries, are there any pre-scripted queries somewhere that I can
modify to suit our needs?

Your server Quick Start manual describes the installation of a suite of
sample scripts which are shipped with the TSM server (scripts.smp
file). Numerous examples of good queries can be found in the List
archives. There is also http://www.coderelief.com/depot.htm .

Don't overlook the accounting records as a solid source of data for
periodic reporting. I provide a sample report program at
http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ .

    Richard Sims