ADSM-L

Re: Question on the preschedulecmd

2005-02-18 09:40:29
Subject: Re: Question on the preschedulecmd
From: TSM_User <tsm_user AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 06:40:19 -0800
To expand on Mark's other post I also agree it is best to use a
postschedulecmd.  Here are a few other notes:

1)  A simple "dsmc sel FileName" will ensure the file gets backed up right
after it is created and not the next day.

2) NTBackup even with command line switches still launches the GUI.  However,
when you are using terminal serverices (remote desktop) you can't see it.  If
you log onto the console and then start an immidate action schedule you should
see the GUI start and be able to wittness any errors that occur.  Of course if
this is windows 2003 then you can start remote desktop using the /console
option.

"Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM> wrote:
Further:

1. If there are issues with system objects during a bare-metal restore,
you get Microsoft support for the NTBACKUP restore.
2. 1 single NTBACKUP 450MB file restores from tape a lot faster than
3000 files totaling 450MB.

Berbee Information Networks
Office 262.521.5627