ADSM-L

Re: DB unload/load

2005-02-18 08:54:01
Subject: Re: DB unload/load
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 08:51:50 -0500
Chris - Two things:

1. Why are you taking your TSM system out of service for over 24 hours
to perform this kind of operation?

2. Do NOT perform "recreational" AUDITDB operations. As I summarize in
ADSM QuickFacts, AUDITDB is to be done only when there is a known
database problem, and when you are working with TSM Support, and where
surgical corrections cannot be made. AUDITDB is a Salvage operation,
and can result in the loss of data.

I don't want to see you take pointless risks with your data repository.

   Richard Sims