ADSM-L

Re: External Library def problem?????

2005-02-18 08:02:28
Subject: Re: External Library def problem?????
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 07:55:57 -0500
On Feb 18, 2005, at 6:53 AM, Nielsen, Bo wrote:

Hi all,

I try to setup a W2K3 server with TSM5.2.3 and Gresham Distributape
6.4.

In the TSM help I found this:

Task
Update an external library named EXTLIB with a new path for the media
manager.

Command
        update library extlib externalmanager=c:\server\mediamanager

But when I try, TSM return:

ANR8416E DEFINE LBRARY: The EXTERNALMANAGER parameter is invalid for
library type EXTERNAL.
ANS8001I Return code 3.

How do I tell the TSM server where Greham reside??

I have DEFINE the LIBRARY as a EXTERNAL librarytype.

Are you looking at the right documentation version for your system? For
example, the 5.2.2 Admin Guide for Windows on page 185 illustrates
performing an "update path" to define the externalmanager, not "update
library".

   Richard Sims