ADSM-L

External Library def problem?????

2005-02-18 06:53:49
Subject: External Library def problem?????
From: "Nielsen, Bo" <Bo.Nielsen AT COOP DOT DK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:53:02 +0100
Hi all,

I try to setup a W2K3 server with TSM5.2.3 and Gresham Distributape 6.4.

In the TSM help I found this:

Task
Update an external library named EXTLIB with a new path for the media manager.

Command
        update library extlib externalmanager=c:\server\mediamanager

But when I try, TSM return:

ANR8416E DEFINE LBRARY: The EXTERNALMANAGER parameter is invalid for library
type EXTERNAL.
ANS8001I Return code 3.

How do I tell the TSM server where Greham reside??

I have DEFINE the LIBRARY as a EXTERNAL librarytype.

> Regards
> Bo Nielsen
>                                               * +45 4386 4671
> Coop Norden IT                        * (Internt postcenter): 6244
        Data & Storage Center              * mailto:bo.nielsen AT coop DOT dk

Remember, a dead fish can float downstream,
But it takes a live one to svim upstream. - W.C. Fields.