ADSM-L

Cancelling a client session after a set period of time

2005-02-17 12:03:24
Subject: Cancelling a client session after a set period of time
From: Tab Trepagnier <Tab.Trepagnier AT LAITRAM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:02:57 -0600
TSM 5.1.9.0 Server on AIX 5.2 ML-4
TSM 5.1.7.0 Client on Windows 2000 SP 4

We have a large remote client that backs up over a 512 Kbs link.  We
turned on Subfile backup, but the client is still capturing its base
files.  We expect it to send about 60 GB, which will take weeks.

What we need is to restrict the client session to send data only between
about 5 pm and about 5 am., and then terminate.  On the next day's backup,
it would of course pick up where it left off.

Is there a way to automate that session behavior?  I didn't see anything
in the Admin Reference.

Thanks.

Tab Trepagnier
TSM Administrator