ADSM-L

Re: Retrieve with 5.3 server of data backed up on 5.2.3

2005-02-16 02:46:59
Subject: Re: Retrieve with 5.3 server of data backed up on 5.2.3
From: Maria Ilieva <M.Ilieva AT MOBILTEL DOT BG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:48:12 +0200
>Do 'Query Volume ACCess=UNAVailable,DESTroyed' and see if that classic
>cause fits this case. See that msg in ADSM QuickFacts for what we have
>collectively seen for circumstances. Look in the Activity Log for the
>volname involved and if not Destroyed, do 'Query CONtent VolName ...
>DAmaged=Yes' and see if any Damaged files on it.

 >   Richard Sims

There are no destroyed tapes, except one, that I tried to restore from
copypool volume. So its access is normal
But  'Query CONtent VolName XXX DAmaged=Yes' shows for damaged all files
that I tried to retrieve.
I think the problem is not bad volumes!
I run retrieve on different clients, for randomly chosed files. So
retrieved data are spanned on different volumes.

Every time the retrive fails for files bigger than 5 GB and the summary
always shows "Total number of   bytes transferred:  1.33 GB"

 ANE4956I (Session: 4870, Node: NODE1)  Total number of   objects
retrieved:        1(SESSION: 4870)
 ANE4959I (Session: 4870, Node: NODE1)  Total number of   objects
failed:           1(SESSION: 4870)
 ANE4961I (Session: 4870, Node: NODE1)  Total number of   bytes
transferred:  1.33 GB(SESSION: 4870)
 ANE4963I (Session: 4870, Node:NODE1)  Data transfer   time:
18.93 sec(SESSION: 4870)
 ANE4966I (Session: 4870, Node: NODE1)  Network data   transfer rate:
73,826.07 KB/sec(SESSION: 4870)
 ANE4967I (Session: 4870, Node: NODE1)  Aggregate data   transfer rate:
8,651.30 KB/sec(SESSION: 4870)
 ANE4964I (Session: 4870, Node: NODE1)  Elapsed   processing time:
00:02:41(SESSION: 4870)

I looked at ADSM QuickFacts for solution and tried restore volume from
copy pool, to move data, audit volume ..... but nothing helped.

Maria Ilieva