ADSM-L

Re: TSM Database backup volume deletion

2005-02-15 01:00:48
Subject: Re: TSM Database backup volume deletion
From: Steve Harris <Steve_Harris AT HEALTH.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:59:03 +1000
Akash

When you do a database backup, do you specify type=full?  The default is
incremental.

TSM will only let you delete up to the last FULL backup, because you need the
last full and all subsequent incrementals to get up to current date.
To solve your immediate problem, you might take another FULL backup.  Then,
making sure that you understand the implications, run a delete dbb
todate=today.  All those old database tapes will come available for reuse.

Steve Harris
TSM Admin
Queensland Health
Brisbane Australia

>>> akashj AT IBILTTECHNOLOGIES DOT COM 15/02/2005 14:44:05 >>>
Still I am not able to solve the problem and standing where I had started.

See when I do q drmedia, I receive certain volumes like

Volume Name        State               Last Update           Automated
                                       Date/Time             LibName
----------------   -----------------   -------------------   ---------------
-
BT0081             Mountable           01/29/05   23:03:15
BT0085             Mountable           12/31/04   14:52:06
BT0082             Mountable           11/30/04   11:05:38
BT0084             Mountable           11/02/04   13:42:51
BT0083             Mountable           09/13/04   15:54:11
BT0080             Mountable           08/11/04   14:35:47

Now I want to delete BT0080 to reuse it for TSM backup.

Any help on this issue is really appreciated?

Regards
Akash