ADSM-L

iScsi on TSM 5.3

2005-02-14 08:47:45
Subject: iScsi on TSM 5.3
From: Brian Newlyn <Brian.Newlyn AT PANASONIC.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:47:27 +0000
Hi

Has anyone tried TSM 5.3 for Windows with iSCSI ?

We currently have an EMC NS600 NAS with enabled iSCSI and have contemplated
mounting remote volumes on the NAS via iSCSI and using these as storage
pools for TSM. I know you can also go down the NDMP route by directly
attaching the TSM library to the NAS but thought about iSCSI as an
alternative.

Both the TSM server and the NAS would be on the same local network so there
would not be hops over long distances.

Any advice would be appreciated

Regards

Brian Newlyn

Server Support Analyst

Panasonic UK Limited

The information in this message and any attachments transmitted with it are
private and confidential.  The information is intended solely for the
addressee.  If you have received this email due to a transmission error,
please notify the sender immediately.  If you are not the intended
recipient you are prohibited from any disclosure, storing, copying,
distribution or using the information in any way.

Please note that whilst we scan all e-mails for viruses we cannot guarantee
that any e-mail is virus-free.  Please be advised that we expressly reserve
the right to monitor email content for the purposes of ensuring compliance
with legal requirements and company policies and your sending to, or
receiving from, us of any email constitutes your agreement to these terms.

Panasonic UK Limited (Registered No: 1069148 ENGLAND)
Registered office: Panasonic House, Willoughby Road, Bracknell, Berkshire
RG12 8FP UK

www.panasonic.co.uk