ADSM-L

Re: exclude vs. exclude.backup

2005-02-11 07:32:19
Subject: Re: exclude vs. exclude.backup
From: Paul Fielding <paul AT FIELDING DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 05:31:52 -0700
Ok, I just tested, and indeed the exclude statement by itself does not exclude
archives, forcing an exclude.archive will exclude them.  I'm surprised - I've
made a poor assumption over the years.  I wonder if anyone else has been caught
by that one....?

regards,

Paul

Quoting paul AT fielding DOT ca:

> With the advent of the 5.3 Windows Client, the install defaults to includeing
> number of system excludes for the server.  This is fine and all, but one of
> the
> things it does is separates them by exclude.backup and exclude.archive,
> repeating the same filespec for each.
>
> My belief has always been that exclude would exclude both backups and
> archives,
> which would negate the need to exclude the same filespec with both
> exclude.backup and exclude.archive.
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> regards,
>
> Paul