ADSM-L

Re: EXPORT errors

2005-01-31 17:15:35
Subject: Re: EXPORT errors
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:15:08 -0700
OK, that is in agreement with what the ANR0919E message is telling you,
though I have no idea how you could end up with file spaces with no names.

Can you paste in the exact output from the SELECT statement, as well as
output from QUERY FILESPACE F=D, for one or two of these problem nodes?

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 01/31/2005
15:03:42:

> Each client on the list has a filespace with an fsid, but no name.
>

> At 02:52 PM 1/31/2005 -0700, you wrote:
> >Not sure this will yield anything of interest, but what does this show:
> >
> >select node_name, '"' || filespace_name || '"' from filespaces where
> >node_name='CERIUM'
> >
> >(or pick any other node name that is having this difficulty).
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >Andy
> >
> >Andy Raibeck
> >IBM Software Group
> >Tivoli Storage Manager Client Development
> >Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Tucson/IBM@IBMUS
> >Internet e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com
> >
> >The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked.
> >The command line is your friend.
> >"Good enough" is the enemy of excellence.
> >
> >"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 01/31/2005
> >14:42:26:
> >
> > > I'm trying some machines to a different server.  I've exported the
> >client
> > > definitions for three large clients successfully.  These will just
cycle
> > > away in two months on their old box.  I've tried exporting 5
different
> > > smaller clients, all with the same results:

(SESSION:
SmQryExportObjects <-

> > > The listed nodes with 0 length filespace names are in other domains,
and
> > > are primarily IRIX machines with a few Linux86.  Thay all have what
> >seems
> > > to be healthy filespaces attached to them.  If I try exporting the 5
> >nodes
> > > with filed=none, they export the definitions without problem.  I
suspect
> >DB
> > > corruption, but at 200+ Gb for the DB, audit is out of the question.
> > >
> > > Both sending and receiving machines are AIX 5.2 and TSM 5.2.2.5.
Until
> > > today and this domain, there hasn't been a hint of trouble with
EXPORT