ADSM-L

Centera Boxes

2005-01-31 13:45:03
Subject: Centera Boxes
From: "Tyree, David" <david.tyree AT SGMC DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:44:38 -0500
            I looked around in the archives here and found info on backing
TO a Centera box but nothing about backing up the data FROM a Centera box.

            We are in the process of migrating assorted files on to our box
and we need to see about backing up the data we move onto it. We are aware
that the box itself has got all kinds of redundancy built in to protect the
data that is stored on it but we are concerned about the box itself being
lost due to fire, flood, locusts, or some IS guy going nuts with a shotgun.

            The vender said something about buying a mirror copy of what we
already have but that's very expensive. Isn't there someway to backup the
data on a Centera for purposes of disaster recovery?

David Tyree
Enterprise Backup Administrator
South Georgia Medical Center
229.333.1155

Confidential Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use,  disclosure or
message.