ADSM-L

TDP for Informix on AIX5.1 32bit

2005-01-28 12:11:56
Subject: TDP for Informix on AIX5.1 32bit
From: "Thomas, Matthew" <Matthew.Thomas AT LLOYDSTSB.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:13:00 -0000
All,

Server: AIX 5.1 TSM 4.2.2
Client AIX 5.1 32bit with TSM 5.1.5 BAclient and API

Just been asked to urgently set up TDP for Informix on an AIX 5.1 (32bit)
client node.
We downloaded and installed the AIX43 version of the code as the
README.INF.AIX43.32bit for this indicates that AIX 5.1 (32bit) is a
supported config. We then setup the api dsm.opt/dsm.sys (and gave them read
access all round) and exported the environment variables as per the
installation guide.
However, when attempting to run tdpipswd (as root) we get segmentation
faults. Looked in /etc/security/limits and nothing seems amiss there. Help!

As this is a live Informix server that's needs to be backed up, we're
getting hassled for an immediate solution, so any help would be greatly
appreciated.

TIA
Matt Thomas

This e-mail is intended only for the above addressee.  It may contain
privileged information. If you are not the addressee you must not copy,
distribute, disclose or use any of the information in it.  If you have
received it in error please delete it and immediately notify the sender.

evolvebank.com is a division of Lloyds TSB Bank plc.
Lloyds TSB Bank plc, 25 Gresham Street, London, EC2V 7HN.  Registered in
England, number 2065.  Telephone No: 020 7626 1500
Lloyds TSB Scotland plc, Henry Duncan House, 120 George Street,
Edinburgh EH2 4LH.  Registered in Scotland, number 95237.  Telephone
No: 0131 225 4555

Lloyds TSB Bank plc and Lloyds TSB Scotland plc are authorised and
regulated by the Financial Services Authority and represent only the
Scottish Widows and Lloyds TSB Marketing Group for life assurance,
pensions and investment business.

Signatories to the Banking Codes.