ADSM-L

Re: mksysb's

2005-01-28 11:44:21
Subject: Re: mksysb's
From: William Rosette <Bill_Rosette AT PAPAJOHNS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 11:41:10 -0500
Hello TSM'rs

I know I have seen this subject come up before, (so excuse the redundancy
of the question) but would like to know about mksysb's done through TSM.  I
know I have to do a mksysb for our Control Workstation to the SP
environment, and a mksysb to the box Tivoli server is on, but what about
all the other AIX boxes, can TSM restore mksysb's to build other boxes????
or is it easier (restore time) to make different tapes to different AIX
boxes so that they can be rebuilt while the TSM server is being built???

Thank You,
Bill Rosette
Data Center/IS/Papa Johns International
WWJD