ADSM-L

Re: When Defining Script ...

2005-01-27 15:00:09
Subject: Re: When Defining Script ...
From: Joerg Pohlmann <jpohlman AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:59:55 -0800
Suggest you install the sample scripts (scripts.smp) as these scripts are
contained in Q_SES_STATS and Q_PROC_STATS. There are a ton of other
valuable sample scripts, for example FSNOBACKUP and Q_INVALID_DAYS to
determine if you have dead nodes or filespaces in your system. To install
the sample scripts, run the TSM server in batch mode (dsmserv runfile
{path}scripts.smp) as shown in the Quick Start/Installation Guide book for
your TSM server platform.

Joerg Pohlmann
604-535-0452

Sung Y Lee <sunglee AT us.ibm DOT com>
2005-01-27 11:51
Please respond to
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
When Defining Script ...

Hello,

Yesterday Guillaume Gilbert posted some very nice select statements.  Of
course I am always looking out for cool statements. BTW thx for that.

As I found it worthy.. I decided to added it to the TSM server.

define script sessioninfo "select cast(session_id as decimal(7,0)) as
"Session", client_name as "Client", cast(left(client_platform,10) as
char(10)) as "Platform", cast(left(state,5) as char(5)) as "State",
cast(wait_seconds as decimal(9,0)) as "Wait secs", time(start_time) as
"Start time",cast(bytes_received/1024/1024 as decimal(10,2)) as "MBytes
rcvd", cast(bytes_received/1024/cast((current_timestamp-start_time)seconds
as decimal(10,0)) as decimal(7,2)) as "KB/Sec" from sessions where
session_type='Node'" description='session info'

When I ran this command I kept getting code 3.   ANS8001I.  No info. found
on help.

After I tried for a while I decided to use the file method.
Created a file called sessioninfo with just the select statement inside of
it.

define script sessioninfo file=/home/sunglee/sessioninfo
description='session info' and worked.

Now if I understood correctly.. there is a limit on how long the line can
be if you are doing remote dsmadmc.  Since I am using it locally there
shouldn't be any limit... or is there?
What am I do wrong?  Thanks,

Sung Y. Lee