ADSM-L

MSSQL single database restore

2005-01-26 11:42:59
Subject: MSSQL single database restore
From: Kevin Lipscomb <klipscom AT DANRIVER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 11:42:38 -0500
Hello All,
I am attempting to restore a single database on a fairly busy SQL 2k
server. I need to go back to a certain point in time because the data is
corrupt after this time. Whenever I use the GUI for TDP for MSSQL and try
to look at the active/inactive, tdpsql freezes (I think it runs out of
memory). So I have tried my hand at the command line. However, I cannot
figure out how to go back and get the last full backup at this moment. All
I can determine is how to get logs back.
Unfortunately, I am not a DBA and our DBA does not work with TSM so we are
at an impasse.
If someone could give some assistance that would be great.
Thanks,
Kevin
Kevin M. Lipscomb
Dan River Inc.