ADSM-L

Re: Exchange Incremental Backup

2005-01-25 15:03:25
Subject: Re: Exchange Incremental Backup
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:02:43 -0500
Tim,

Your analysis is correct... you only need the settings
as mentioned in the manual if you want to restore them!

In your case.. you have set up a technique that allows you to keep
full backups for longer... which provides a restore granularity
to a "weekly" timeframe for older backups... but a more
granular restore (daily) for more recent backups.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 01/25/2005
02:41:36 PM: