ADSM-L

Re: restore image on windows 2000

2005-01-25 13:23:52
Subject: Re: restore image on windows 2000
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 11:23:26 -0700
Luc, one of the authors of the white paper happened to be monitoring this
thread, and had a question regarding your image bacup step:

> - IMAGE backup using Windows PE procedure

The white paper mentions two methods: an offline method that boots into
WinPE, and an online method that uses the LVSA and does not require a
reboot.

If you used the offline method, then it is possible that a different node
or machine name was used, which have prevented the desired results during
the restore.

Make sure you are using the online method (which isn't really specific to
WinPE).

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 01/24/2005
13:41:59: