ADSM-L

Re: Backing up Domino logged databases

2005-01-25 08:03:46
Subject: Re: Backing up Domino logged databases
From: Jozef Zatko <zatko AT LOGIN DOT SK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 14:06:48 +0100
Bill,
after switching logging in Domino to any type (circular or archive),
incremental backup process only databases for which DBIID changed
or which were deleted (inactivation in TSM). You have to use combination
of incremental and selective backup now, i.e. daily selective and once pre
week incremental.
Hope this helps.

Ing. Jozef Zatko
Login a.s.
Dlha 2, Stupava
tel.: (421) (2) 60252618

Bill Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
01/25/2005 01:55 PM

Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Backing up Domino logged databases

If I run an INCREMENTAL * backup nightly and the Domino admin turns on
circular logging, does that INCREMENTAL still function the way it did, or
does it now switch over and not back up the database becuase is it
"logged"
even though it is circular logging and I can't archive those logs?

I have a client that has been running the INCREMENTAL now for years and
last
fall the Domino admin turned on circular logging. Now the nightly
incremental only does a handful of databases.

Bill Boyer
"An Optimist is just a pessimist with no job experience."  - Scott Adams
ForwardSourceID:NT0005644A