ADSM-L

restore image on windows 2000

2005-01-24 15:18:14
Subject: restore image on windows 2000
From: Luc Beaudoin <lbeaudoi AT IS.JGH.MCGILL DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 15:17:28 -0500
Hi all

I'm trying to restore an image of one of my Windows 2000 server

Everything goes well except that the files or folders that have been
deleted after the image are there ... and I dont want them. ..

I did the command :

dsmc retore image \\server\c$ c: -asrmode=yes -noprompt -incremental
-deletefiles -virtualnode=server

I'm using the procedure "TSM recovery technique using Windows
pre-installation environment

I looked into the documentation ... they are talking about "this procedure
assumes that your backup followed the correct procedure to allow for
incremental image restore using the -DELETEFILES option ....
What correct procedure ???????

any ideas ?????

thanks

Luc Beaudoin