ADSM-L

Re: EMC's Clarion Disk Library - Is anyone using a CDL for TSM?

2005-01-21 12:26:45
Subject: Re: EMC's Clarion Disk Library - Is anyone using a CDL for TSM?
From: Pablo Wolinski <pabloaw AT XELERE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 14:26:20 -0300
Yes we are using it in one of our clients.

We have the CDL holding the primary STGpools, and apart from some weird SCSI
errors solved upgrading it's Firmware, we have no troubles at all configuring
it.

The top performance we got was around 90Mb/s using the only FC interface we
have on the AIX TSM server connected to a Clariion Disk and the CDL at the
same time.  All the other clients and StorageAgents are installed in
slower/older machines, doing between 10 to 40Mb/s.

For external storage we are using an Storagetek L80 with LTO2 drives so I
don't have any experience on offsite reclamation.

All the other operations ar working successfully as if it where a normal
library on steroids, 2-3 seconds in average to mount/wind/rewind. :-)

What is you experience?

Regards,

Pablito.