ADSM-L

Scripting question

2005-01-20 11:05:43
Subject: Scripting question
From: David Moore <David.Moore AT LA DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:05:20 -0600
Hello List -

My goal is to script a customized report in the Operational Reporting tool, to
report backup information for selected nodes to specific email recipients (the
nodes are differentiated by the node-contact field).

My problem is that a straight select on the EVENTS table is only pulling back
results that occurred since midnight.  Then, when I try to insert a WHERE
clause (WHERE SCHEDULED_START >= CURRENT_TIMESTAMP - 24 HOURS), I get a RC=11
(no match).  With trial & error, if I hard-code the previous day (WHERE
SCHEDULED_START >= '2005-01-19 17:00'), I receive the results I'm looking for.
But, I need this in script form with no hard-coding, since it will run
automatically.

I've also investigated the use of a Q EVENT * * clause, but I can't use it,
because I can't key on the CONTACT field off the NODES table (I could hard-code
the specific nodes, but that changes relatively often, so that's not a
fool-proof method for my site).

Does anyone have a solution to this problem, either through the use of a
variable or a TIME field that will compare to the SCHEDULED_START field?
Remember, it needs to be a straight SELECT statement that runs through the
Operational Reporting tool.

Thanks, in advance and have a happy Mardi Gras.

David Moore
State of Louisiana